Alternative Africa: Drivetrains and Resource Partnerships on the African Continent
In the scope of the IAA Transportation the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) and the African Association of Automotive Manufacturers (AAAM) are organizing a high-level panel on Africa: Representatives of the African and the German automotive industry, politicians, researchers and the audience will discuss the current status, the future of commercial vehicles and the automotive industry in Africa. The panel will furthermore discuss, why resource partnerships between Europe and the African continent could be essential for industry.
The panel will focus on the following questions:
- The future of commercial vehicles in Africa: Alternative drivetrains for Africa?
- Processing of raw materials and the diversification of value chains in Africa
- Current initiatives from VDA and AAAM and how to support member companies on their journey to Africa
In a Q-&-A session the audience will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage into the discussion with the panelists.
This event will be presented in English.
- Welcome: Andreas Rade, Managing Director VDA
- General Keynote: Thomas Schäfer, Member of the Board at Volkswagen AG, CEO of Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Head of Brand Group Volume
Panel: Open discussion on panel with moderated questions:
- Dr. Kwasi Ampofo, Head of Metals and Mining BloombergNEF
- Dr. Thomas Gäckle, Deputy Director General, Department IV B Raw Materials Policy, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
Further participants to be confirmed
- Closing remarks: Dave Coffey, CEO AAAM
- Moderation of the Event: Victoria Backhaus-Jerling (VDA) and Marius Ochel (VDA)